Friday, June 12, 2009

Life

Its hard to believe a couple weeks have gone by since I last posted. Life has been interesting since then. Lyla took a nice spill on Memorial Day and bloodied both knees, her lip and chipped one of her teeth. I can empathize as that's how I've felt lately, like I take a step forward only to crash to the ground. We're in an interesting place right now. I know where Father wants us to be in the long run and I know He wants us to work at preparing ourselves to be ready when he calls us to return to Asia, but I have no idea how that looks in our day to day life during this season. As a person who lives largely in the here and now, I find that I tend to overlook planning for "down the road," but I feel like Father wants me to become more balanced in that regard. My prayer right now echoes a line from the Hillsong United song Came to the Rescue that says, "in my life, be lifted high, in my world, be lifted high." In other music news Vanessa found a new singer/songwriter who we really like, Dot JR. He has a song called Love song for Everyone that I think really speaks of Father's heart for his creation (even though I don't think this guy is family). I'm hoping to start spending some time in the studio next week learning how things work and getting some of my stuff recorded. Ness and I went a saw Star Trek this week. Awesome movie, and I'm not a Trekkie. I particularly enjoyed Sylar as Spock and Simon Pegg as Scotty. Good Times

No comments:

Post a Comment